Covenant Family Solutions is seeking a Full-Time Therapist to join our growing Marion office. Therapists at Covenant Family Solutions provide high quality and innovative mental healthcare to patients while working effectively as a member of our team. This position requires strong collaborative skills and a willingness to grow the reach of Covenant Family Solutions through community engagement. All CFS team members are part of the development and achievement of the goals and plans for the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a Master’s degree and an active license in the State of Iowa as a Licensed or Temp Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT or tLMFT), Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PhD) , Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC or tLMHC), or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW or LISW).
Assessment and Treatment Planning:
- Perform thorough initial intake sessions and make recommendations about appropriate level of care and treatment options. Record intake sessions via a written assessment within 24 hours of initial session ending that demonstrates medical necessity.
- Evaluate patients’ physical or mental condition, based on review of client information.
- Develop a treatment plan, based on clinical experience and knowledge, within 24 hours of the third session.
- Assess patients for suicide and other self-harm, as well as harm to others.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans as necessary.
Treatment and Termination:
- Provide high quality individual, couple, and family psychotherapy services to individuals, couples, and families to increase patient functioning.
- Guide patients in the development of skills or strategies for dealing with their issues.
- Accurately fill out and maintain patient-related paperwork, including federal and state mandated forms, client diagnostic records, and progress notes within the deadlines specified in the policy and procedure manual.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in patients’ status.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs on patients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Discuss with individual patients their plans for continued functioning after leaving therapy.
- Complete accurate discharge process (discharge/termination note, verify all documents are uploaded and notes completed, balance collected, etc.)
Collaboration and Case Management:
- Monitor patients’ use of medications.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychiatrists, and other professionals to ensure collaborative care approach when deemed necessary.
- Gather information about community mental health needs or resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy.
- Refer patients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
Professionalism and Professional Development:
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to patients’ treatment.
- Maintain an active caseload with 30 billable hours per week.
- Collect data from patients to feed back into the company’s efforts and initiatives.
- Learn about new developments in the counseling field by reading professional literature, attending courses, workshops, and trainings.
- Supervise graduate students/interns as needed.
- Maintain professionalism by dressing and presenting self appropriately, being on time, minimizing change/disruption of client schedule, keeping notes current, keeping office and desk tidy, providing comfortable atmosphere for patients in the office, and strict adherence to confidentiality, HIPAA, and the ethical code.
- Seek supervision through an approved supervisor in either a formal or informal supervisory relationship and/or case consultation with colleagues.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to address administrative issues and receive case consultation.
- Maintain professional liability coverage for the entire work period.
Promotion and Marketing:
- Participate in regular networking efforts and community engagement.
- Engage in direct marketing activities such as leading webinars, lunch-n-learns, community presentations, etc.
- Participate in indirect marketing efforts such as writing newsletter items, information pieces for the website and possible mailings, and podcasts.
- Provide free phone consultations to potential patients.
- Other duties may be assigned to aid to the continued growth of CFS.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Daily punctual and exemplary attendance.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to accept and integrate feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions and solve problems.
- Above average writing skills to assist in written communication with patients and case documentation.
- Proficient in the use of computers and word processing software.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Make decisions and solve problems. Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate with others Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Accept and utilize Covenant Family Solutions’ mission as a guideline for delivering services.
- When communicating with people outside the company, represent the company well to potential patients, referral sources, the public, and other external sources.
- Estimate size and quantity, or determine time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a particular work activity.
- Perform physical activities as needed that require lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and/or handling of materials.