Covenant Family Solutions is seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join the Medication Management team at our Cedar Falls office. Nurse Practitioners are responsible for providing high quality medication management services to patients and working effectively as a member of the Covenant team. If this describes you and you are looking to be part of an amazing company that is passionate about making a difference in individuals’ lives, then Covenant is the place for you.
This position requires strong assessment skills and a willingness to add value to the organization through marketing and community engagement. The provider assists the Company’s management team in the achievement of the goals and plans of the organization.
Education and Experience
- Board Certified to prescribed psychotropic medications in Iowa.
- Training and experience in treating patients with mental health disorders.
- Provide high quality individual medication management to assist in increasing patient’s quality of life.
- Provide education to patients and their families on the medications and appropriate usage.
- Evaluate patients’ physical or mental condition, based on review of patient information, including assessing patients for suicide and other self-harm, as well as harm to others.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform highest quality care for each patient.
- Collaborate with physicians, clinicians, and other professionals to ensure collaborative care approach when deemed necessary.
- Accurately fill out and maintain treatment records and reports, including federal and state mandated forms, patient diagnostic records, and progress notes within the deadlines specified in the handbook.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in patients’ status.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medication for each patient of their identified problems and moving towards defined goals.
- Discuss with individual patients their plans for continued medication management if they decide to terminate care.
- Act as patient advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Learn about new developments in the medication field by reading professional literature, attending courses, workshops, and trainings.
- Supervise graduate students/interns as needed.
- Maintain professional liability coverage for the entire work period.
- Participate in regular networking efforts and community engagement.
- Engage in direct marketing activities such as leading webinars, lunch-n-learns, community presentations, etc.
- Participate in indirect marketing efforts such as writing newsletter items, information pieces for the website and possible mailings, and podcasts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Daily punctual and exemplary attendance.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions and solve problems.
- Above average writing skills to assist in written communication with patients and case documentation.
- Proficient in the use of computers and word processing software.
- Proficient in e-script.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships –develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Make decisions and solve problems –Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Accept and utilize Covenant Family Solutions’ mission as a guideline for delivering services.
- When communicating with people outside the company, represent the company well to potential patients, referral sources, the public, and other external sources.
- Estimate size and quantity, or determine time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- Perform physical activities as needed that require lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and/or handling of materials.
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner works within a model of collective consultation and collaboration under the direction of the Medication Management Program Coordinator and within the organization policies and procedures.
Shifts are 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday with some flexibility. No weekends or Major Holidays.