Would you like to join our team?
Covenant Family Solutions is a fast-growing, innovative mental health service provider with locations throughout Eastern Iowa. Current openings are listed below. If you would like to apply join our team, please complete the employment application at the bottom of this page.
Therapists at Covenant Family Solutions are responsible for providing high quality clinical and school-based services to patients while working effectively as a member of the clinical team. This position requires strong collaborative skills and a willingness to add value to the organization through marketing and community engagement. The provider assists the company’s management team in the achievement of the goals and plans of the organization.
Education and Experience
A minimum of a Master’s degree and an active license in the State of Iowa as a Licensed or Temp Licensed Marital and Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Psychologist or a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with experience in marriage and family therapy.
Assessment and Treatment Planning:
- Perform thorough initial intake sessions and make recommendations about appropriate level of care and treatment options. Record intake sessions via a written assessment within 24 hours of initial session ending that demonstrates medical necessity.
- Evaluate patients’ physical or mental condition, based on review of client information.
- Develop a treatment plan, based on clinical experience and knowledge, within 24 hours of the third session.
- Assess patients for suicide and other self-harm, as well as harm to others.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans as necessary.
Treatment and Termination:
- Provide high quality individual, couple, and family psychotherapy services to individuals, couples, and families to increase patient functioning.
- Guide patients in the development of skills or strategies for dealing with their issues.
- Accurately fill out and maintain patient-related paperwork, including federal and state mandated forms, client diagnostic records, and progress notes within the deadlines specified in the policy and procedure manual.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in patients’ status.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs on patients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Discuss with individual patients their plans for continued functioning after leaving therapy.
- Complete accurate discharge process (discharge/termination note, verify all documents are uploaded and notes completed, balance collected, etc.)
Collaboration and Case Management:
- Monitor patients’ use of medications.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychiatrists, and other professionals to ensure collaborative care approach when deemed necessary.
- Gather information about community mental health needs or resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy.
- Refer patients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
Professionalism and Professional Development:
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to patients’ treatment.
- Maintain an active caseload with 30 billable hours per week.
- Collect data from patients to feed back into the company’s efforts and initiatives.
- Learn about new developments in the counseling field by reading professional literature, attending courses, workshops, and trainings.
- Supervise graduate students/interns as needed.
- Maintain professionalism by dressing and presenting self appropriately, being on time, minimizing change/disruption of client schedule, keeping notes current, keeping office and desk tidy, providing comfortable atmosphere for patients in the office, and strict adherence to confidentiality, HIPAA, and the ethical code.
- Seek supervision through an approved supervisor in either a formal or informal supervisory relationship and/or case consultation with colleagues.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to address administrative issues and receive case consultation.
- Maintain professional liability coverage for the entire work period.
Promotion and Marketing:
- Participate in regular networking efforts and community engagement.
- Engage in direct marketing activities such as leading webinars, lunch-n-learns, community presentations, etc.
- Participate in indirect marketing efforts such as writing newsletter items, information pieces for the website and possible mailings, and podcasts.
- Provide free phone consultations to potential patients.
- Other duties may be assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Daily punctual and exemplary attendance.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to accept and integrate feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions and solve problems.
- Above average writing skills to assist in written communication with patients and case documentation.
- Proficient in the use of computers and word processing software.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships – develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Make decisions and solve problems – Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate with others – Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Accept and utilize Covenant Family Solutions’ mission as a guideline for delivering services.
- When communicating with people outside the company, represent the company well to potential patients, referral sources, the public, and other external sources.
- Estimate size and quantity, or determine time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a particular work activity.
- Perform physical activities as needed that require lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and/or handling of materials.
Covenant Family Solutions is seeking a Billing Specialist to join our team. If you are looking to join an amazing company that is passionate about making a difference in our patient’s lives, then Covenant is the place for you.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Claims.
- Mail Patient Statements:
- Print, organize and sort Patient Billing Statements daily, rotating through each billing insurance every 4-6 weeks.
- Adjust billing lines as needed on each account and re-print accurate statements to mail a statement that reflect patient’s true balance.
- Provide requested information to Insurance carriers to include billing/coding support, insurance providers, and the payer community.
- Communicate by phone, mail, and email as needed with patients regarding the use, benefits of and coverage.
- Keep the provider, insurance company, and or appropriate person apprised of the patient or file status regarding coverage.
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate records and providing detailed, professional notes in patient files as needed.
- Meet daily goals as outlined by Billing Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Dress and interact professionally in an office environment.
- Follow all company policies and address issues following appropriate chain of command.
- Complete other duties, as assigned by Management.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Supervisory Experience Required (1-3 people at a time)
- Genuine interest in helping people.
- Reliability regarding attendance and arriving to work on-time.
- Ability to perform with high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality; and make complex decisions within short amount of time.
- Exceptional communication (written & verbal) skills AND Excellent organizational skills.
- Superior phone communication skills with providers, carriers, and patients.
- Ability to relay confidence and compassion over the phone.
- Strong attention to detail and good typing skills.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Fast-paced, professional office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Proficient use of office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines and telephones.
- Proficiency with office computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to communicate effectively via spoken, written and electronic means.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.